Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 6, 2011

It's been a while

I apologize for being M.I.A. but this whole teaching thing keeps me pretty busy. We have been very hard at work this week doing l blends. The kids seem to have a new found love for blends as they keep pointing them out once they happen to catch their eye. I think those are the teaching moments I live for; the "ah..I get it" without having them actually tell me.
We are also working on a spider writing assignment. I created a graphic organizer for them following my four square method and did it with the students. It really worked out much better than what I normally do. The children were so very interested to learn more about spiders. I also think that the added bonus of me putting spider web by their cubbies really got them interested in the lesson. By spider web I mean the fake spider webs you can buy at Walmart for a dollar!

I ordered a few sight word poetry books (thanks to the Inspired Apple blog http://theinspiredapple.blogspot.com/). I can't wait to get them already and start using them with the kids. I find that the way I'm teaching sight words just isn't sticking with the kids so I must change that quickly.

I started using a digital picture frame and took pictures of the children's spelling words. The kids LOVE it! They are fascinated by how it moves. Totally not my idea though, the credit goes to Teacher Tipster over on YouTube. Seriously, some teachers are just so creative!

Well it's time for me to unwind and get ready to teach my little apples tomorrow. Happy Friday!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment