Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 21, 2012

I'm Still Here

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I'm here breathing, heavily from this heat, but still breathing.  Well what do you know it's finally happened, the last week of school is here!  I can't believe it's almost been 180 days since I first said hello to my students and now they're almost on their way to second grade. :(  They are such a great class and I'm going to miss them dearly, I really mean that. But we can't keep them forever. We can only hope that we made a bit of a difference in their lives and that they will keep something with them for years to come.

We had field day today and I am so exhausted.  I think it comes with the territory of almost being 30. Ha Jk! I just don't know where kids get all the energy from. I'm way tired!  Anyway, field day was fun for the most part. No injuries and the kids were really well behaved, I'd say field day was a success.  After field day, I was left with 3 kids, yes 3.  Parents have the option of taking their child after it's over and some had to work which is totally fine by me. Two of my boys played on the computer and one little girl helped me take down work, anchor charts, math materials, you name it, we did it.

I promised the kids that tomorrow we would have a raffle, it's actually more like take this stuff, I never use it and never will. Boy do kids love that stuff and are really looking forward to it. I'm sure their parents will thank me later. ;)

I went to the library today and it's voting season so I had 2 people harass ask me if I was voting, I just smiled and walked away.  I don't need to be pressured into early voting, thanks. I'm there to get my book and DVDs to survive the rest of this week!! I picked up "Last Day Blues"
 
I started tearing up a bit as I was reading it. I'm such a baby when it comes the end of the year. I want my break but I will def. miss my kiddos.

I'm still waiting on my test results for my exam. The 29th they say...I'm hoping I get them like now. They also say patience is a virtue...yea well that's a virtue I don't possess. I want it NOW!!  I need to know what the future holds for me as far as my career goes, is that too much to ask?  Okay enough!

I think I hear OREO cookies calling my name from the kitchen counter.  Prince charming and I love having cookies with milk after a long work week Friday evenings. I mentioned to him yesterday that we were going to make it a tradition of cookies and milk Fridays and a movie to go along with it or a TV show.  He said that we have to try new ones from time to time, I am so down for that, he's just my kind of guy. :)

Speaking of yesterday, he and I went over to IKEA because we LOVE it there. I had to restrain myself from buying things because I'm on a strict budget, but that's for another post.  Anyway, he got some necessities for his new apt. I'm excited for him and happy that he's going to stay in the DFW area :).  Well they are redoing IKEA and it's just a mess and they don't have much inventory which was very disappointing. I read a poster that said things would be back to normal by July, so we shall see. Don't go to IKEA in Frisco, TX til then if you're in my area.

Okay now those OREO cookies are screaming my name and I just have to answer!  I will try to blog again sometime this week!

What are your summer plans, I'd love to know?!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this book before seeing it on your post. I have oodles of stories for the first day, but not one for the last . . . thanks for sharing! Hang in there these last few days. I am glad I found you.

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelley! Also, thanks for following my blog :) I'll be sure to do the same.

      Delete